When you have so much fresh dill, you will start to think about the alternative to keep it that way, so how to store dill in fridge?, to keep it fresh you should wrap your herb in paper towel after cleaning and removing dirt and water, after that put it in zip log plastic bag and making sure that it does not contain air inside, after that put the bag in the fridge for up to two weeks, when it comes to use it you will find them fresh as the new ones.
Moreover, to explain the method even further we have already covered everything about storing dill in fridge, and the most important thing is talk about the best way to store your herb while preserving the freshness of it, now straightforward to the details like always:
you will find in this topic
Table of Contents
1 how to store dill in fridge step-by-step guide:
it is important to realize, there are multiple ways to store dill in fridge, well here we will discuss the most known 3 ways in order to keep your herb as fresh, by following these steps you should be fine:
storing dill in fridge (using paper & container):
- Grab your herbs and wash them completely with cold water, you can use here salad spinner as it is a good way to ensure to remove the moisture and dirt.
- clean with towel or papers any additional water drops from your herbs.
- remove any herb or leave that shows any sign of yellow/brown or wilting in them, just keep only green and healthy herbs.
- put your herb in the paper towel and start to enfold it around it, do not apply to exceed wrapping, just simple one to cover them completely.
- put the previous in a zip log plastic bag or container, after that you can store dill in fridge in the crisper drawer.
Storing dill in fridge(using jar & water):
- clean your herb like the previous method by removing any dirt and any wilted leaves and stems.
- now by using cuttings scissors, cut the bottom of the stems of your herbs, this step is important as it will help when you put them in the jar.
- fill the jar or plastic deli container with lids, as it is also a great option to preserve your herb.
- put your herbs in the jar by ensuring that the stems are touching the water, now put the cover, and you can store dill in fridge on the door or in the drawer.
- make sure to change the water every 4 to 6 days.
Storing dill in fridge(as a frozen):
the third option to store dill in fridge, is like keeping it as frozen, you can either do that by ice cubes or in the oil, as it is not the way that keep your herb as a fresh, but it is considered a great way to preserve herbs for the long lifetime.
2 what is the best way to store dill in fridge:
when we talk about the best way to store dill in fridge, we may stumble with many aspects of your needs, so the best ways all depends on how you need your herb, with that been said, here is the following:
The best way to store dill in fridge (fresh herbs with small amount of time):
everybody like to use fresh herbs with their meals and side dishes, so when thinking about the best way to store dill in fridge in fresh shape, you only have to apply the first two methods that we already talked about, which is either storing by wrapping in container with damp paper or storing in jar using water, the both ways will keep your dill fresh as new ones up to two weeks, which is also good amount of time to preserve herbs in a good shape such as freshness and flavor natural taste.
Best ways to store dill in fridge(long term storage with lesser in freshness):
not everybody like to use their herb right away, for whom like the long period of storage, the freezing process is considered to them as the best way to store dill in fridge, in this case in ice cube trays or in oil, this way can last up to 6 months of storing time which is considered a very handful time for future uses, the only downside here is, you will not experience the freshness taste like the previous, but you will for sure have at least your herb in your meal with a reasonable taste and flavor with it.
3 why you should store dill in fridge:
there are many convenient things to do with your herb either storing dill in fridge for the short term or storing it in the long term, both of ways comes with their beneficial impact, and both share the great taste and experience of using and re-using with and in your meals all day long, which is for sure a great method that worth the testing.
to sum things up, storing dill in fridge can be done either as fresh or as a frozen, for fresh storing you should clean your herb, remove the dirt and moisture from it, enfold it in damp paper towel, put it in container/zip log plastic bag, put it in the fridge, the storing can last up to 15 days while preserving its freshness.
Furthermore, if you want to enjoy more with fresh dills you should consider growing it, easy than you may think, and quite delightful journey to do also, like we said in every each time, opinions and suggestions are always welcome, feel free to share below, happy gardening.